[llvm-dev] Disable ARM specific pass.

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 13:39:44 PDT 2016

Hi Umesh,

On 5 May 2016 at 13:29, Umesh Kalappa via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> How do i disable the specific pass "ARMAllocLoadStoreOpt - Post-
> register allocation pass" from the clang driver.

There are development options that give some kind of control over
passes like this "-mllvm -arm-load-store-opt=false" in this case, but
they're definitely not intended for end-users (we might change or
remove them at any moment). It's an intentional decision by Clang not
to expose detailed pass-management.

If you need to disable that particular pass, the chances are the input
code has undefined behaviour and is using misaligned pointers.

Cheers.

Tim.