[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

Joachim Durchholz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 08:23:53 PDT 2016

Am 05.05.2016 um 16:52 schrieb C Bergström via llvm-dev:
> I don't like Chanlder's wall of text, because it doesn't seem simple
> enough - should I draft up an alternative for review? I'd highly favor
> common sense and super simple

+1

I prefer two-sentence rulesets:
#1 Please do $DESIRED_CONDUCT.
#2 Apply common sense.

One can follow that up with friendly advice how to deal with situations
where it seems difficult to follow those rules. Even with that, less is
more, because the topic is so contentious.

Oh, and rule #1 must fit into a single line. Don't even try to do an
exhaustive list; abstraction is key.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Jo