[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

C Bergström via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 01:58:13 PDT 2016

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> This has come up a few times, and I would like to resume the effort to
> establish an LLVM code of conduct.

Sincerely and pragmatically - what do you think will be different
after this is in place.. Bureaucracy is great, but what's broken or
pandemic that you're trying to fix?

>From my side I can be a sarcastic smartass from time to time, but
overall I don't see that being a heavy burden.. (maybe I'm mistaken?)
Other than myself - very rarely you get some disagreements on the ML,
but has it ever been serious? Are these disagreements involving any
typical suspects? The job postings can be a bit OT, but don't seem to
soo frequent..

If one very good engineer is unintentionally/inadvertently causing
friction - how would you deal with that at a policy level which is
different from what happens today?