[llvm-dev] Filter optimization remarks by the hotness of the code region

Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 4 16:54:44 PDT 2016

I think it is a good idea, and it reminds me a discussion about Polly at the last llvm-dev meeting, where we considered limiting compile-time impact by running polly only the code that is deemed to be "hot".
There could be the same kind of logic for things like LoopVersioningLICMPass, or specific optimizations like maybe the vectorization:  if the remark is not relevant because the user should not care about this loop, why does the optimizer care in the first place?

--
Mehdi