[llvm-dev] [RFC] Helping release management

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 3 07:04:35 PDT 2016

Sony has (almost) always built releases on top of upstream formal releases.  The timing means we carry a release branch for kind of a long time, which is inconvenient, but there are some compensating advantages.
We have thought about releasing based on something more current, but we have some internal processes to rework before we can make that viable.
--paulr