[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Fwd: Raising CMake minimum version to 3.4.3

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 2 12:01:17 PDT 2016

On 2 May 2016 at 18:48, John Reagan via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> As one of the OS' without current CMake support, I'm closely watching this discussion.  We currently have LLVM 3.4.2 hosted on OpenVMS Itanium (as a host only, x86 target) using configure/make with little hassle.  We plan to port CMake to OpenVMS, but that has been trickier than you'd think (others have tried, I haven't found anybody who has done it).  Looks like I'll want to visit the cmake-developers list to as we get farther along.
>
> The "lets update every year just because" does have ripple effects for us non-traditional platforms.

Thank you John, with some concrete arguments to my earlier attempt to
hold the horses.

As far as ARM is concerned, it's probably fine to upgrade (we've done
most of the work last week), but there are platforms that make ARM
testing look easy. :)

I'm adding some MIPS, PPC and release folks to make sure there's
nothing else we're missing.

cheers,
--renato