[llvm-dev] LoopStrengthReduce.cpp

Jonas Paulsson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 31 02:25:17 PDT 2016

> On that note, I think that in general it would be useful to have some
> target-independent (CodeGen) pass that would do the majority of the
> work for hardware loop generation.  I have thought about it, but I
> won't be able to do anything in the short term.
>
> -Krzysztof

I think a first and useful step would be to let targets optionally have
the loop induction variable which controls the back-branching be
reformulated as a decrement towards zero with a -1 step. Should this be
an extension of LSR, or should it be a simple beginning of a HW-loop
pass running after it?

/Jonas