[llvm-dev] JIT compiler and calls to existing functions

Philip Reames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 28 20:37:07 PDT 2016

I think our use cases are actually quite similar.  Part of generating the in memory executable code is resolving all the symbolic symbols and relocations.  The details of this are mostly hidden from you by the MCJIT interface, but it's this step I was referring to as "link time".

The way to think of MCJIT: generate object file, incrementally link, run dynamic loader, but do it all in memory without round tripping through disk or explicit files.

Philip