[llvm-dev] Jobs working on LLVM, Clang, and LLDB at Apple

Duncan P. N. Exon Smith via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 28 19:07:12 PDT 2016

The Apple compiler and debugger teams are seeking exceptional engineers (to work on LLVM, Clang and LLDB) who are passionate about improving software development tools.  Detailed job descriptions follow.  Please send all responses to llvm-job-apply at group.apple.com, including the relevant job title and a CV.

1. Clang Frontend Engineer

In this position, you will work on general frontend development in Clang, with a particular focus on engineering new language and compiler features.  Experience with development of C++ frontends is desirable for this position, but all strong candidates with frontend experience are encouraged to apply.

Key Qualifications

* Strong C++ coding skills and a passion for writing clean, high performing code.
* Knowledge of compiler frontends and related tools.
* Familiarity with compiler optimizations, code generation, and overall design of compilers.
* Expert knowledge of C and C++, with a detailed understanding of the C++ standard and Itanium C++ ABI.
* (Optional, but a big plus) Experience with Objective C/C++.
* (Optional, but a big plus) Knowledge of LLVM/Clang and open source development.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.

2. Compiler Engineer

In this position, you will make sure we ship a high quality compiler to our users.  This involves working on various components of the LLVM toolchain to support new features, fix bugs, and improve performance.  Experience with compiler development is desirable for this position, but strong candidates with other kinds of system software experience are also encouraged to apply.

Key Qualifications:

* Strong C++ coding skills and a passion for writing great code.
* Familiarity with compiler optimizations, code generation and overall design of compilers.
* Experience debugging a complex software stack and/or system level issues.
* Strong track record of building high quality software.
* Strong communication and teamwork skills.

3. LLVM/Clang - QE

The Apple compiler team is hiring experienced Quality Engineers to drive quality improvements in LLVM/Clang and associated low level tools.  You will be working closely with the compiler team to develop comprehensive test coverage for the suite of compiler tools with a heavy focus on automation and integration testing.

Key Qualifications

* Experienced in C/C++ development
* Knowledge of how compilers  work
* Experience with Python
* Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
* Ability to work in cross functional teams
* (Optional, but a big plus) Knowledge of LLVM/Clang and open source development.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Experience with Jenkins CI systems.

4. LLDB Engineer

We are seeking an enthusiastic engineer to improve the development experience across all of our platforms.  The LLDB team blends compiler technology and a deep understanding of the runtime representation of running processes to enable a rich debugging experience, as well as enabling the Swift REPL and Playgrounds.  You will be working with a talented team to improve on established tools and find new ways to apply technology from LLVM, Clang, and Swift to exploring running code.

Key Qualifications

* Experienced in C/C++ development
* Knowledge of how compilers work
* Knowledge of modern operating systems
* Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
* Ability to work in cross functional teams
* (Optional) Familiar with Swift
* (Optional) Experience with Python
* (Optional, but a big plus) Knowledge of LLVM/Clang and open source development.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.

5. LLDB - QE

We are looking for a experienced Quality Engineer who is passionate about improving software quality.  You will work closely with the Debugger team to develop and improve our automated testing and design new integration tests for LLDB.  You will need to be able to write and debug complex C/C++ code and delve deep into the complexities of debugging on all Apple devices.

Key Qualifications

* Experienced in C/C++ development
* Knowledge of how compilers and debuggers work
* Experience with Python
* Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
* Ability to work in cross functional teams with varying schedules.
* (Optional, but a big plus) Knowledge of LLVM/Clang and open source development.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Experience with CI systems.