[llvm-dev] [GSoC] First draft project proposal; IR level interpreter debugger

Philip Reames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 24 19:28:53 PDT 2016

I've scanned over your proposal, but am not quite sure I understand your
objective.  Is your intent to be able to step through IR source in a
debugger and inspect intermediate state?  If so, you may consider
whether "simply" inserting debug metatadata into your IR which describes
the IR source, and then compiling it gives you your desired result.

For the record, the current interpreter is poorly maintained, known to
be somewhat buggy, and I don't believe anyone is actively working on it.

Philip