[llvm-dev] Finding live values

Rob Lyerly via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 24 12:35:21 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm writing a pass that inserts the llvm.experimental.stackmap intrinsic
into the IR, and I'd like to record the locations of *all* live values
whenever I insert the intrinsic (all this entails is adding values as
arguments to the intrinsic).  Is there any pre-existing analysis pass which
can give me the live values at a given instruction in a basic block?  Or do
I need to write an analysis pass to calculate this information?

I realize that live value analysis is usually performed during register
allocation in the backend, but I was wondering if there was anything
available in the optimizer.

--
Rob Lyerly
Graduate Research Assistant, Systems Software Research Group