[llvm-dev] [GSoC 2016] Adding MachineModule pass to LLVM

vivek pandya via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 23 13:28:46 PDT 2016

Hello Ethan,

> Hi Vivek,
>
> I've reviewed your MachineModulePass proposal and in general, I like
> what I'm seeing. A few suggestions on how you can make it stronger:
>
>  1. Please go into more specific detail on your prior work with LLVM.
>     Specifically:
>      1. Which optimizations and passes have you implemented in your
>         class assignments?

I have implemented one simple pass that counts the frequency of LLVM IR
instruction in a module. Other pass for very simple constant folding,
optimizing out unnecessary load operations and last one to obfuscate constant
0 with X ^ X where X is integer visible register.

     2. Could you give more details on your register allocation project?
>         In particular, which backends have you worked with, and how
>         complete is the project currently (e.g., what sorts of programs
>         is it capable of compiling)?

I have pushed the code here
https://github.com/vivekvpandya/Research-Practice
Currently it generates Inference Graph using LiveIntervals, It can allocate
physical registers if no spill is required. I am currently working on
implementing simple spilling logic and applying cuckoo optimization to
minimize number of colors.
Some of the simple input are given in the test folder. I will add this
details to proposal.

 2. It would be good if you could include a resume/C.V. with your
>     proposal. You can append it to your proposal document, or perhaps
>     upload it as a supplementary document (I'm not very familiar with
>     the GSoC web system, so I don't know what options it gives).

I have added my Linked in Profile and it is fairly updated but I can upload
my resume to Google Docs and provide a link to that in my proposal.

 3. Has your GSoC 2014 work for Drupal been upstreamed into the
>     project's mainline code? (If yes, you should indicate this when you
>     talk about it in the proposal.)

My work during the GSoC 2014 is not related to upstream Drupal code but I
have developed an example iOS app that can communicate to Drupal via REST
APIs. Apart from this boiler plate code I have also reported few serious
issues with Drupal's REST APIs.

Sincerely,
Vivek