[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] New buildbot with -Werror

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 23 13:00:30 PDT 2016

On 23 March 2016 at 00:12, Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> My thought was that its reasonable to expect no warnings when building from
> bootstrap (as you say) and the last release of Clang. Generally, I think we
> should work around warnings in the last release of Clang if only for the
> convenience of folks using that release to build stage1 and using Werror.

I agree. Since the environment is controllable, and if the bot starts
green while self-hosting, it's reasonable to assume -Werror can break
without problems.

The only problem is if both GCC and Clang have the same warning, and
fixing stage1 fixes stage2, we'd never know if Clang would have hit
the same assert.

But since this is regarding the build process, not Clang's warnings, I
think it's not a problem.

cheers,
--renato