[llvm-dev] [GSoC 2016] Adding MachineModule pass to LLVM

Ethan J. Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 23 11:19:09 PDT 2016

Hi Vivek,

I've reviewed your MachineModulePass proposal and in general, I like
what I'm seeing. A few suggestions on how you can make it stronger:

 1. Please go into more specific detail on your prior work with LLVM.
    Specifically:
     1. Which optimizations and passes have you implemented in your
        class assignments?
     2. Could you give more details on your register allocation project?
        In particular, which backends have you worked with, and how
        complete is the project currently (e.g., what sorts of programs
        is it capable of compiling)?
 2. It would be good if you could include a resume/C.V. with your
    proposal. You can append it to your proposal document, or perhaps
    upload it as a supplementary document (I'm not very familiar with
    the GSoC web system, so I don't know what options it gives).
 3. Has your GSoC 2014 work for Drupal been upstreamed into the
    project's mainline code? (If yes, you should indicate this when you
    talk about it in the proposal.)

Sincerely,
Ethan Johnson

On 03/21/2016 01:12 PM, vivek pandya via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hello Community,
>
> I have submitted my draft proposal for this project on the summer of
> code web site and shared it with the community. Please take a look at
> it and suggest/ comment some modifications. I have already done some
> study on the relevant code. I will still do some more before the final
> submission but this is more of designing challenge please help !
>
> Sincerely,
> /*Vivek Pandya*/

Ethan J. Johnson
Computer Science PhD student, Systems group, University of Rochester
ejohns48 at cs.rochester.edu
ethanjohnson at acm.org
PGP public key available from public directory or on request