[llvm-dev] GSOC inquiry.

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 23 06:00:58 PDT 2016

On 3/23/16 8:30 AM, Om Shivom Nagpal wrote:
> Sir,
> I am interested in add a new pass. I have read about analysis,
> transformation passes. Can you help me with some example ideas?

No, I really can't.  I haven't kept track of which optimization passes
are currently implemented in LLVM, so it's not clear to me what is most
needed by the core compiler or by new languages using the compiler
(e.g., Swift).

There's another GSoC thread on the mailing list in which people discuss
optimizations that we'd like to have for LLVM.  I recommend you look for
and read that thread.

Regards,

John Criswell