[llvm-dev] Need help with code generation

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 22 12:57:45 PDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 8:40 PM, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> *From: *"Rui Ueyama" <ruiu at google.com>

ELF is a documented file format so if you are not sure if something should
be considered valid, you can take a look at the spec to determine whether
it is valid or not. File validity is an independent concept from LLD and I
think we can determine it according to the spec.

I have a different opinion about how it could be implemented. We have no
idea if it'd be faster if it is "embedded" to LLD, at least. And usually
separating passes leads to cleaner and more readable code.

Thanks again,