[llvm-dev] Need help with code generation

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 22 11:57:10 PDT 2016

Hi Rafael,

> It is really annoying how much people care about "security" to criticize
> my work,

FWIW it was never my intention to criticize your work. I think your work is
amazing, and I hope you continue. What I've taken issue with is the policy
stance. I think LLVM projects should aim for robustness even knowing
they're going to fall short, because I think there is a real difference
between a project which can be easily exploited, and one that takes effort
to exploit.

Would it end this thread if I went that way? Just say that there are

> bugs in lld and just not fix them for over a year?
>

> It would make a big difference if it was "Yes, these are bugs but not high
> priority for the current/active contributors to invest time in fixing (but
> happy to review patches to fix them, etc)" versus "these are not bugs/it's
> highly unlikely we'd accept patches to fix them".

+1

Cheers,
Lang.