[llvm-dev] Need help with code generation

James Molloy via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 21 14:20:19 PDT 2016

Rafael,

How can a high quality product crash by design? I understand the lack of
structured error handling, and I understand asserting (which in release
mode would be silent) on internal errors. But on an input? How can an
application be taken seriously when crashes are design features?

And I certainly didn't see consensus or in fact the suggestion of this in
the other thread, unless I glazed over an important part.

James