[llvm-dev] Need help with code generation

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 21 12:44:36 PDT 2016

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 8:33 PM, James Molloy <james at jamesmolloy.co.uk>
wrote:

> But you're surely not suggesting that lld will segfault as an error
> handling mode in production?

The document clearly states that (a) it is user's responsibility to give
sane object files, and (b) a corrupted file may cause a fatal error or SEGV.

> You say this was decided in a thread recently- could you please point me
> at that? I find this really hard to believe.

Please find it yourself, that was a long thread. The current decision was
not made lightly, so please respect that and take your time to understand
the situation.

Cheers,