[llvm-dev] No Makefile.common or Makefile.config after building LLVM/clang

Ammar Naqvi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 17 19:22:07 PDT 2016

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to LLVM development and I'm trying to get the Hello Pass tutorial
working ( http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html )

I have followed these instructions to get llvm,clang, clang extras and
compiler-rt ( http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html )

Then I build and install using cmake since make and config is no longer
supported ( http://llvm.org/docs/CMake.html )

After all the make,cmake build and cmake install is done, i have no
makefile.common or makefile.config files to be found anywhere on my PC
which are required to run the pass.

Also, i'm building on Ubuntu 14.04, clang version 3.9, LLVM 3.4.

Please point me in the right direction, TIA :)