[llvm-dev] Linking two LLVM IR files with native functions

Shilpa B via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 16 22:04:43 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am looking at JIT compiling a Matlab program using LLVM.

I was able to generate the LLVM IR (.ll) for a given Matlab program but
this IR has a call to native C++ function.

So I generated the LLVM IR (.ll) for the C++ file containing the native C++
function using clang.

Now, these two .ll files can be linked together by generating .bc files.
But I could generate .bc file only for the C++ .ll file but not for Matlab
.ll as it says the function definition could not be found...

So how could I link these two .ll files.

Thanks,
Shilpa