[llvm-dev] LLVM Fatal Error Handling

Paul Hancock via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 9 14:57:36 PST 2016

Now, at least in release 3.7.1, on an encounter with a fatal error at the time of compiling a module it will call an installed handler function and allow the application to log the error etc. However once said handler returns LLVM will force an exit of 0x1, something that I cant allow to ever occur, but according to the ErrorHandling header I cant safely throw an exception to back out of the error either?

So what would be the most ideal way of recovering the application from such an event?

- Paul