[llvm-dev] [LLVMDev] llvm-cov outputting coverage results as HTML reports

Ying Yi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 3 07:21:45 PST 2016

Dear All,

I am helping our test team migrate from gcov to llvmcov.  They currently
generate HTML reports using lcov to easily navigate where coverage is
missing. However, there does not seem to be a Windows compatible solution
for generating HTML reports using the llvm-cov tools.

A possible solution to this problem is for llvm-cov to create html pages
that include an overall coverage summary with links to individual html
pages that show the coverage report for each source file in the project. A
new option (-html) might be added into llvm-cov show command options.

I would like people’s opinions first so that may be acceptable when I come
to upstream this.

Kind Regards,

--
Ying Yi
SN Systems Ltd - Sony Computer Entertainment Group.