[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [lldb-dev] Sequential ID Git hook

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 30 16:14:43 PDT 2016

On 30 Jun 2016 10:20 p.m., "Robinson, Paul" <paul.robinson at sony.com> wrote:
> We've since stopped creating the tags, and gotten used to not having
> them.  We do the 'rev-list --count' trick which mainly gets recorded as
> one component of the version number, and it has been working for us.

Does that work for sub modules inside the umbrella project?

How can you trigger a hook in the umbrella project for commits inside the
sub modules?

Enough people complained about the sequential number, and I'm trying to
solve that problem. I particularly have no use for that at all.

We can still do the bundling pushes with the same id by adding metadata to
the commit message and training our CI, which is orthogonal to this issue.

Cheers,
Renato