[llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] Sequential ID Git hook

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 30 11:41:57 PDT 2016

I assumed we want ids for the umbrella repository to ease bisection and having something to print as a version identifier, but do we really need them for the other repositories?

I also still don't see why `git rev-list --count --all` does not work. Sure the count is only per branch, but why would ever need to have continuous numbering between say a 3.8.XX revision and a 3.9.XX branch...

- Matthias