[llvm-dev] Why not do machine instruction scheduling in SSA form?

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 27 11:58:55 PDT 2016

A motivation for scheduling later is that the program representation is closer to the final instruction stream which makes the machine simulation more accurate. If you schedule too early you do not see the instructions produced by phi elimination and the two address fixup pass.

LiveIntervals should work on MachineSSA form. If it doesn't you should file a bugzilla ticket with more details.

- Matthias