[llvm-dev] Interested in writing for the LLVM blog?

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 27 08:07:33 PDT 2016

On 23 May 2016 at 17:30, Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

>> On May 18, 2016, at 12:59 AM, David Chisnall <David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Sorry for the bikeshedding, but the readability of the blog is also hampered considerably by re-posting all of the LLVM Weekly entries there.  It’s already easy to subscribe to them at http://llvmweekly.org (which has its own RSS feed and is a great resource), but having copies of them make up 90% of the posts on blog.llvm.org makes it very difficult to find the remaining 10%.
>>
>> Please can we stop cross-posting LLVM Weekly to the LLVM blog instead promote links to llvmweekly.org (and, ideally, to the most recent 4-5 articles) to the front page of llvm.org and to the blogs.llvm.org?
>>

> This is a reasonable suggestion. LLVM Weekly is an amazing resource which is why we wanted it on the blog. However, it may be better to link directly to it from the website as you suggest.

I fully agree, and now that this effort to increase the the flow of
content to the LLVM blog is paying off, I think now is the time to
retire the LLVM Weekly cross-posts so as not to crowd-out all this new
content. As such, I've documented issue #130
(http://blog.llvm.org/2016/06/llvm-weekly-130-jun-27th-2016.html) as
the last one that will be cross-posted in this way.

Best,

Alex