[llvm-dev] clang++ build from source is not able to find C++ headers

vivek pandya via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 23 06:31:57 PDT 2016

Hello,

I am running OS X, when I build clang++ from source and use it to compile
.cpp files it fails as it is not able to find C++ header. I am not building
libc++ along with llvm and clang.

using -stdlib=libstdc++ solves problem partially but it fails when using
C++11 threads, again it can't find <thread>, to get this work clang++
should work with -stdlib=libc++ but it fails with previous error of not
finding C++ headers.

Is it required to build libc++ along with clang++?

clang++ with Xcode-command line tool works fine and it also work with
-stdlib=libc++.

How to solve this problem with my build clang++?

Sincerely,
Vivek