[llvm-dev] LLVM Backend Issues

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 21 09:15:50 PDT 2016

It seems you don't handle truncstores properly. So, you'd either need
to expand them, or lower / select properly.

t26, etc. is just a numbering of nodes in sdag, so you could easily
how the things are connected. It used to be just addresses in the past
instead :)

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 7:12 PM, Jeff E via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having issues running a new backend that I created for a new
> architecture. I suspect these errors may have something to do with how I
> have the string setup in LLVMTargetMachine() below?
>
> Also - It would be great if someone could point me to a document that
> describes some of these error messages? For example what does t26 ..t4 mean?
>
> Thanks in advance for taking your valuable time to help me!
>
> Jeff
>
> jeff at ubuntu:~/code$ llc dft_gf_msp.ll
> LLVM ERROR: Cannot select: t28: ch = store<ST2[%le](align=4), trunc to i16>
> t27, t26, FrameIndex:i32<14>, undef:i32
>   t26: i32,ch = load<LD2[%sz](align=4), anyext from i16> t25,
> FrameIndex:i32<2>, undef:i32
>     t7: i32 = FrameIndex<2>
>     t4: i32 = undef
>   t17: i32 = FrameIndex<14>
>   t4: i32 = undef
> In function: main
>

> LLVMTargetMachine(T, "e-m:e-p:32:32-i8:8:32-i16:16:32-n32-S32", TT, CPU, FS,
> Options, RM, CM, OL),

With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University