[llvm-dev] Question about Safecode optimizations

Rigel Gjomemo via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 20 08:01:48 PDT 2016

Hello,

I have been using Safecode to add bounds checks to some programs and am
getting very high running times for those programs. In average, the
slowdown is up by a factor of 30, sometimes even 90. Is there a way to
improve on this?

I have followed the instructions about installing and using the Link
Time Optimizer on this page:
http://safecode.cs.illinois.edu/docs/Install.html

Still, the runtime of the compiled files is about the same.

Are there any additional instructions that I am missing? Any other
options that may be needed?

Thank you
Rigel