[llvm-dev] Is addrspace info available during instruction scheduling?

Phil Tomson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 13 11:55:13 PDT 2016

We'd like to be able to vary the latency of our load instructions based on
what address space is being loaded from. I was thinking I could do this by
overriding getOperandLatency in our target, but I'm wondering if the
addrspace info is available when instructions are scheduled?

For example, I have this in our llvm IR:

  %0 = load i32 addrspace(4)* @answer, align 4
  store i32 %0, i32* @xint, align 4
  %1 = load i32 addrspace(2)* @seven, align 4
  store i32 %1, i32* %bint, align 4
  %2 = load i32 addrspace(3)* @two, align 4
  store i32 %2, i32* %cint, align 4

than loading from addrspace(2) or addrspace(1).  But is that information
available to the instruction scheduler in our overridden getOperandLatency
method?

Phil