[llvm-dev] Regarding a TODO in InstructionCombining

Mayur P via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 12 09:09:39 PDT 2016

Hi,

This is regarding a TODO mentioned in getIdentityValue function in
InstructionCombining.cpp file.

//TODO: We can handle other cases e.g. Instruction::And, Instruction::Or
etc.

I wanted to know what could be the use cases of implementing these. When I
tried implementing these and wrote test cases for the same, the test cases
would be optimized in InstructionSimplify before hitting the code in
Instruction Combining. Can anyone suggest me where I might be going wrong.

Thanks,
Mayur