[llvm-dev] Unable to build and install LLVM on Mac OSX 10.11

Sumedh Arani via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 11 00:58:10 PDT 2016

Arani:~ Sumedh$ xcrun clang -v

Apple LLVM version 7.3.0 (clang-703.0.31)

Target: x86_64-apple-darwin15.4.0

Thread model: posix

InstalledDir:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

Greetings!!

I followed the instructions given by you to the letter and it worked like a
charm.

Just this time I didn't download compiler-rt or any other extra tools.

How can I upgrade to them??

And also how can I change my version of clang to the one which has been
built now? As on doing clang --version or xcrun clang -v still gives the
version as the one that comes pre built with apple's machine.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Sumedh Arani.