[llvm-dev] MCJIT -- Poor run-time performance for Fibonacci example in LLVM 3.8.1

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 10 22:59:48 PDT 2016

Hi Riyaz, Renato,

I've updated MCJIT and the Fibonacci example in r272455. The example
performance should now be comparable to llvm-3.4. I'll update it again in
the near future to use ORC rather than MCJIT.

Riyaz - You may want to consider moving straight to ORC, rather than MCJIT.
ORC provides a superset of MCJIT's functionality (including support for
lazy JITing on some platforms), and is better at managing memory. The new
tutorial series that I'm working on might be helpful:
http://llvm.org/docs/tutorial/BuildingAJIT1.html .

- Lang.