[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [lldb-dev] GitHub anyone?

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 7 15:05:03 PDT 2016

I did look at git-imerge, and very much liked what I saw.
However our local repo is not set up like upstream, and it's not clear
we could paste everything together with imerge in a straightforward way,
or possibly even make it work at all.
It is clear (and we have the hardware resources to support it) that we
can iterate merging each individual upstream commit.  If we were starting
over from scratch instead of building on what we already have, I'd much
rather do it differently!

I could see git-imerge working extremely well for downstream projects that
were essentially a series of patches on top of the upstream projects.
--paulr