[llvm-dev] lld/x86_64 linux elf invalid link_map

Carlo Kok via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 7 00:18:51 PDT 2016

I'm having a curious issue with LLD/x86_64 linux/elf (Ubuntu 14.04);
Where the l_addr of the link_map is invalid when linked with lld, but is
fine with gnu ld.

I'm using the libgc (boehm) code which when initializing reads the
DYNAMIC/DEBUG link_map data, and crashes because the l_addr field has
value out of readable memory. The strange this is that it happens only
on some linux systems even though they're the same ubuntu version.

My question is, what could possibly cause this, where can I start looking?

--
Carlo Kok