[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [lldb-dev] GitHub anyone?

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 6 19:17:21 PDT 2016

We have a pile of local changes in our branches, and big merges from the
upstream branch are a huge pain.  If a bisection tries to follow the
upstream branch then we lose all our local changes on that iteration.
Mostly that means the bisection can't identify where the problem began
(or ended) within the big merge-from-upstream; all we know is that it
happened somewhere within the big merge.

We are trying to change our processes to make merges from upstream as
small as possible, ideally single commits, but this is a disruptive
change and not one that everybody can manage.
--paulr