[llvm-dev] LLVM ignoring cross_compilation flag

Raul Garcia via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 6 07:10:39 PDT 2016

Hello,

I am trying to cross compile LLVM version 3.3 for ARM ( i know it is a little bit old but I want to use llvm-perf tool). I used the xilinx toolchain. Here build is the intel platform and the host the arm processor. When I configure before compilation I observe that the cross compilation is detected, however when I execute the make command, the cross compilation flag is overridden/ignored. I am missing something here to be able to generate LLVM binaries for ARM, are the commands that I use correct?

raul at uom:~/compiler/llvm33/build$ $SRC_ROOT/configure --prefix=/usr/local/llvm33arm --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi
checking for arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-clang... no
checking for arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-llvm-gcc... no
checking for arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc... arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc
checking whether we are cross compiling... yes

raul at uom:~/compiler/llvm33/build$ make -j2 ENABLE_PROFILING=1
llvm[0]: Constructing LLVMBuild project information.
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-clang... no
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-llvm-gcc... no
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... no
checking for clang... no
checking for llvm-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc

--Regards,