[llvm-dev] Undefined reference while linking with 3.8 and GCC5

edA-qa mort-ora-y via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 5 09:43:53 PDT 2016

I'm getting these errors while linking my project now (being migrated
from 3.3 to 3.8, now using GCC5):

    build/libleaf_ir_llvm.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for
llvm::Value'
    build/libleaf_ir_llvm.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for
llvm::CmpInst'
    build/libleaf_ir_llvm.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for
llvm::Instruction'
    build/libleaf_ir_llvm.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for
llvm::Function'
    build/libleaf_ir_llvm.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for
llvm::UnaryInstruction'

I'm presuming my linking is basically correct otherwise I'd get hundreds
of undefined references.  Am I perhaps using a constructor that isn't
being provided anymore?

I built LLVM with this command:

    cmake .. -DENABLE_EH=ON -DENABLE_RTTI=ON -DLLVM_ENABLE_CXX1Y=ON
-DLLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB=ON -DLLVM_ENABLE_FFI=ON
-DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=ON -DLLVM_BUILD_DOCS=ON
-DLLVM_ENABLE_DOXYGEN=ON -DLLVM_OPTIMIZED_TABLEGEN=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="/opt/llvm/install"

And I link to the installed LLVM-3-8.so

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
http://mortoray.com/