[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [Openmp-dev] RFC: Proposing an LLVM subproject for parallelism runtime and support libraries

Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 2 01:08:34 PDT 2016

When considering adding a new project to LLVM, I think it is important to
consider contributors to the project as a whole and not just to OpenMP,
offloading, or any other single part of LLVM. That's why this thread is on
llvm-dev, cfe-dev, and openmp-dev.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 10:21 PM C Bergström <cbergstrom at pathscale.com>
wrote:

> (who has
> contributed to OMP btw, most of the ARM port, cmake stuff and lots of
> code reviews)

I'm aware of your contributions to OMP, and very much appreciate them. I
was one of the people very interested in CMake support, and I think the
AArch64 port is great. My only statement was "more significant
contributors", and I think that is accurate. I'm sorry if this was
confusing, or I gave any impression that your contributions are not
appreciated. That was not my intent. It also has no bearing on the merits
of your technical feedback (which is excellent and appreciated) only on how
we make a decision when there are differences of technical opinion or
judgement.

> and Intel - (who has significantly contributed to OMP).

Also just for clarification, I am definitely interested in Intel
contributors' opinions here. My impression from the emails was that the
clarifications around scope and role of this project had largely addressed
their concerns. If that's not correct, I've just misunderstood and look
forward to clarification. =]