[llvm-dev] PTX generation from CUDA file for compute capability 1.0 (sm_10)

C Bergström via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 2 00:34:22 PDT 2016

I think you may have answered your own question - If CUDA 7.5 doesn't
support sm_10 then you'll eventually hit that as a problem. So yes if
possible make sure you're installing a version of CUDA toolkit which
supports the target you need.

I'm not certain the exact compilation flow when fighting this, but
ensure the underlying nvcc and ptxas work first for sm_10 before
trying to get llvm involved.