[llvm-dev] Bug 23231 - support symbol version script / --version-script option

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 15:37:13 PDT 2016

George,

If you have bandwidth to work on it, please go ahead. One think I'd note is
to start with minimal implementation that is sufficient enough to read and
create versioned symbols for minimal version script file. We do not need
any wildcard pattern matching (except "local: *", but even this can be
implemented later). The initial implementation shouldn't support version
hierarchies as well.

As to algorithm, implement an algorithm that works O(n) where n is the
number of symbols in a version script file. That means you want to iterate
over symbols in a version script file instead of interating over symbols in
the linker's symbol table.