[llvm-dev] Equivalent of --bindir in cmake

Tony Kelman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 13:18:10 PDT 2016

I'd like to customize the location that all of the tools
executables get installed to. In autotools this was a simple
--bindir setting. "bin" is hardcoded in a handful of places in
cmake. I have a patch that adds an option to customize this
(https://gist.github.com/6ebf1a48d719d62c7aa7bd661d38e0cd, option
is named LLVM_TOOLS_INSTALL_DIR for now, other suggestions welcome) -
would anyone else be interested in this, should I submit it to
phabricator? If so, anyone willing to review? CODE_OWNERS.txt
suggests Chandler Carruth, any other reviewers for the build system?

Thanks,
Tony