[llvm-dev] [llvm-foundation] IMPORTANT: APT repo temporary switched off

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 10:09:02 PDT 2016

On 1 June 2016 at 17:59, Dan Liew via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I'm not surprised by the heavy load but a little more notice would
> have been nice. This has broken our CI builds for KLEE [1]. We (the
> KLEE developers) can fix this by moving our CI to run in an Ubuntu
> 14.04 environment where the LLVM version we currently require is part
> of the official Ubuntu repositories. So I guess this is the impetus we
> need to make the switch :)

Hi Dan,

I understand the problems that this have created, and I can see that
we still have people on IRC complaining about it.

But the server were really on its knees and everything else in it
(including all our source repositories) were just not working at all.
It was a hard decision, but one that had to be made, and soon.

> Regardless, thanks for having run this infrastructure for so long. Have you considered publishing the packages to a PPA, so that the community can continue to benefit from them without llvm.org having to support the hosting costs?

John,

I'm not well versed with PPAs, but if you have an alternative that we
could do and fix the package problem without reusing the same server,
I think we should pursue it.

cheers,
--renato