[llvm-dev] [GSoC 2016] [Polly] Implementation of tiling, interchanging and unrolling of specific loops based on the algorithm for the analytical modeling

Roman Gareev via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 04:28:00 PDT 2016

Hi Hongbin,

thank you for the comment!

>> I think that we could split a patch that contains an implementation of
>> tiling, interchanging and unrolling of specific loops into three
>> separate patches:
>>
>> 1. The first one adds a class that describes a processor model. It
>> also adds a new command line parameter that contains all necessary
>> parameters of a target architecture, which are used to construct
>> objects of the class.
>
> Instead of creating a new class, may be we could enhance some classes in
> TargetTransformInfo.h of LLVM to achieve your goal?

In my opinion, it would be good to enhance some classes in
TargetTransformInfo.h or somewhere else instead of creating a new
class. Should we ask whether it’s possible on the mailing list?

> Or this is done in step 3?

I think that on this step we could use all necessary parameters of a
target architecture are accessible from LLVM (e.g., the number of bits
necessary to hold the specified type) and manually pass only missing
information (e.g., size of cache and it’s associativity)

--
                                    Cheers, Roman Gareev.