[llvm-dev] Implementing Data Flow Integrity

Fee via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jul 31 09:48:51 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I want to implement a pass that provides some kind of data flow
integrity similar to Write Integrity Testing
(https://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~cristic/papers/wit-sp-ieee-08.pdf).

This approach statically determines for each memory write the
(conservative, overapproximated) points-to set of locations that can be
written by the instruction. Further, it instruments the memory write
instruction to prevent a write to a location not in the points-to set.

How can I get the points-to set, including locations from
stack/heap/static variables?
How do I approach this problem in general?
I am new to LLVM.

Thank you!

Regards,
– Fredi