[llvm-dev] [LLVMdev] Interprocedural use-def chains

Dounia Khaldi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 26 14:41:57 PDT 2016

Hello,

I have been using the USE class to access the use-def chains of different
values. However, what I have noticed is that the set of users of a
particular value is limited for the appearance of that variable in the
current function.

How can I get the interprocedural use of a particular value? For example,
if a variable *a* is used as an argument in a function call *foo*, the USE
analysis would go to the definition of* foo*, and get me the users of that
argument in the called function as well. Currently, what USE does is that
it returns the call as a use and stops there.

Any information or ideas would be appreciated.

--
Dounia KHALDI
Research Assistant Professor