[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 26 11:17:43 PDT 2016

On 26 July 2016 at 19:14, Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com> wrote:
> I mentioned it over and over in the “submodules proposal”: AFAIK there is no good algorithm* that would be able to rebuild the "umbrella repo from scratch” and get the same result as what we’d have with “on the fly” updates.

You did, but several other people have mentioned several different
ways of getting a reasonable time stamp. I though there was some form
of agreement in the end.

I have to say, I didn't delve into that myself, so I'm just curious.
I'll leave that for another day, as this is already digressing from
the current proposal.

Sorry.
--renato