[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

David Chisnall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 25 07:22:00 PDT 2016

On 25 Jul 2016, at 15:12, Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Except I understood git-imerge to be looking for physical conflicts,
> not "when did this test start failing."  If it does the latter also,
> that would be awesome.

It does the latter as well (though it needs a little bit more configuration).  I expect that this is something that will get a *lot* better in the new world order, as we will be able to do the merge from upstream llvm and clang simultaneously and pinpoint the thing that broke some of our regression tests.

David