[llvm-dev] [RFC] Make Lanai backend non-experimental

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 25 06:28:53 PDT 2016

On 25 July 2016 at 12:16, Jacques Pienaar <jpienaar at google.com> wrote:
> That sounds good. We are:
> * Open-sourcing functional simulator to verify execution;
> * Publishing ISA spec document that could serve as official reference

Hi Jacques,

Thanks for the effort! What's the time frame for this?

Pete's point is an important one, and I think this could be an
important example on how we keep back-ends in or out.

It seems you guys are doing the right thing, but it would be good if
you could do that first, so that we can use Lanai as an example to all
future targets.

Following this thread, I'm adding a new section to the developer's
policy to outline the criteria for new targets:

https://reviews.llvm.org/D22753

cheers,
--renato